UNCHARTEDA PODCAST FOR MEN
MODERN MASCULINITY PT.2
Uncharted Ep. 121
Hosted by Colin McFarland w/ special guestS Chris Goble, MICAH HARRISON, + MATT WINTER
IN THIS EPISODE
- The Church should be leading the conversation | 4:37
- You are not the stuff that you chose to do or the clothes that you chose to wear | 10:19
- Characteristics of God > Characteristics of Culture | 14:19
- What does it mean to be a healthy “man” | 26:16
- Seperate your identity from activities | 29:01
- It can look big and it can look small | 32:19
- The Draft: 1996 w/ Chris Goble + Tyler Wells | 46:16
1 | WE KNOW THE GOD WHO IS IN CONTROL OF TRUTH
We are called to lead conversations on tough topics as reflections of the character of Christ. We, as Christians, have a close + personal relationship with our creator. This allows us to lead with truth, clarity, and kindness because we are so close with our Father who is in control of truth.
2 | Your Relationship takes you closer
It’s ok to like different things. In the conversation that the guys have today they make the point that we are not defined by the things we like, the places we live, or the clothes that we buy (sorry Fight Club). We are, however, defined by our relationship(s) with our creator and therefore we should be spending time reading our Bibles, in conversation with community, praying… taking on the “culture” of our Creator not dwelling on what attributes or hobbies “define” our masculinity here on Earth. Our Father loves us and loves what makes us unique, pursue those things that bring you joy, you don’t need to listen to how culture defines you. What does/can that look like (a few examples)?
- Love and lead self-sacrificially (at work, in your family as husbands, in your community, etc.),
- Point people towards Christ,
- Love your neighbors and family.
Welcome back to Uncharted, have we got a fun episode for you today. If you haven’t listened to our past episode (check back to Ep.117 from 7.22.21), go back and check that out because today’s we’re doing part 2! That’s right, we’re diving back into the complex topic of modern masculinity, how it relates to our identity in Christ, and what that topic looks like in the modern church. It is an important continuation on a very intensive topic and we want to continue to lead this conversation on the church’s traditional views of manhood. Listen in as Colin and Micah are joined by Chris Goble and Matt Winter today to discuss what should be at the center of our identities.
And stick around for the second half of Today’s episode as Colin, Tyler, and Chris take on 1996 in our latest THE DRAFT segment.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!