benefits of membership
Personal growth and maturity //
We live in a world that avoids making and keeping commitments. But when we do make certain commitments, and then keep those commitments, we grow and mature emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Being part of a Team //
We can accomplish more together as a team than we can by ourselves. And when individuals officially become part of our team — and not just spectators — it lets us know who we can count on.
Behind the scenes information //
Being part of the team allows you to receive updates, information, and give input before non-members.
Vote on Senior Pastor, budget, and the purchase or sale of property.
Six commitments of a member
1 | I will discover and use my spiritual gifts, abilities, and talents in serving the Lord and others.
2 | I will be involved in opportunities to build healthy relationships with others (eg. Life Group, Sunday School, being part of a serve team, etc.)
3 | I will pursue personal spiritual growth through regular times of Bible study and prayer.
4 | I will invest in those who do not know Christ and invite them to opportunities (like church, concerts, or spiritual discovery groups) to learn about the God who loves them and wants a relationship with them.
5 | I will financially support God’s work through Mission Hills Church.
6 | I will submit to the spiritual authority of the Elder Counsel.
The membership process
- Repent of your sins and trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
- Be baptized (once you have accepted Christ as your Savior; Believer’s Baptism)
- Attend our Discovering Mission Hills Class
- Complete the Application for Mission Hills Church Membership. (Part of the application is to sign the Statement of Faith and Six Commitments of a Member. View our Statement of Faith here.)
- Be interviewed by one of the Pastors or Elders
Still have questions? Email Brooke Brock.