kids ministry resources
HOW TO TALK TO YOUR CHILD ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS
- The Gospel is for everyone. Romans 10:13; Luke 2:10
- Jesus taught that children could believe. Matthew 18:1-6
- God’s desire is for children to be saved. Matthew 18:14
- The evangelism process for children should begin in infancy. 2 Timothy 3:15
- God does deal with hearts of children.
- Experience illustrates that children can believe.
- Never assume anything.
- Children want to please the significant adults in their lives.
- They respond to praise.
- They are easily influenced.
- Help your child feel at ease.
- Take ample time with your child.
- Do not rush.
- Present the gospel clearly on the child’s level.
- Ask questions.
- Avoid common church phrases.
- Avoid excess emotionalism.
- Use some type of visual such as a gospel presentation booklet, draw a picture/visual as you are answering questions and talking to your child about the Gospel.
- Just because a child asks questions does not mean he is ready to commit his life to Christ and trust in Him as his Lord and Savior.
- Always gently close discussions leaving the door open to present the Gospel again or talk about the Gospel at a later date.
- If a child does have an understanding of what the Gospel is and what following Jesus means and the child indicates that he is ready to repent and commit his life to Christ, allow the child to pray out loud in his or her own words.
- Never say the prayer for the child. Even if you feel the child is ready to make a commitment to following Christ, do not pray for him.
- Any Gospel presentation should include the character of God, the sinfulness of man, the sufficiency of Christ, the necessity of faith, and the urgency of eternity.
- A child must understand the meaning of sin, that he has sinned, that he has sinned against God, that he is separated from God, that Jesus died to take the punishment for our sin, that He rose from the dead, that He is alive today!
- Admit to God you are a sinner (Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; 1 John 1:9)
- Repent: To turn from your sin and turn to Christ (Acts 3:19)
- Believe that Jesus is God’s Son and that God sent Jesus to die on the cross to save people from their sin and from being separated from God. (John 3:16; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Acts 16:31; Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 3:18)
- Confess Jesus as your Savior and Lord. (Romans 10:9-10, 13)
- Roman Road Presentation: Who God is: Romans 1:20; Romans 11:33-36
- Who Man is: Romans 1:25; Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23
- Who Christ is: Romans 1:1-4; Romans 8:3; Romans 8:31-32
- What Christ has done: Romans 3:22-26; Romans 5:8; Romans 6:23
- What you must do: Romans 10:9-13
We believe baptism is an outward expression and testimony of an inward transformation. Before a child can be baptized the following must occur:
- He/she must repent of his/her sins and trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Each person that gets baptized, including kids, meet with a Mission Hills staff member or elder to share their story prior to getting baptized. These interviews are scheduled during the baptism class, which are offered near baptism dates … which correlate near baptism dates.
HELPFUL HINTS TO MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE
- Grab your ABC scriptures at any Kid Ministry guest service counter.
- Keep the verse you are memorizing with you wherever you go.
- Say your verse after prayer at every meal.
- Repeat the reference before and after each verse.
- Practice your verse every day.
- Learn what the verse means.
- Say the verse aloud as you memorize it.
- Draw a picture of what the verse means.
- Act the verse out like a skit.
- Memorize the verse with a friend.
- Make up hand motions for the verse.
- Make puzzle pieces out of the verse and put it together.
PARENT CUE UPDATES
Receive Instant Updates
- Learn important things going on in your child’s class. Hear about serving opportunities – specific ways for you to connect in your child’s class. The App makes it easy for the Kids Ministry Team to share their vision and information about special events. Signing up to serve and staying connected has never been easier.
- Choose how you see messages with notifications on your phone, email, or computer.
Download the App
- Go to Remind’s website and follow the directions.
- Download the Remind app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Sign up for an account with your email address, and enter your child’s class code when prompted
LITTLETON CLASS CODES
BarnInfants | @binfant
BarnToddlers | @btoddler
RahaBrown | @rpbrown
RahaBlack | @rpblack
RahaOrange | @rporange
RahaYellow | @rpyellow
RahaRed | @rpred1
RahaPurple | @rppurple
RahaKinders | @rpkinders
RahaFirst | @rpfirst
S 2nd Boys | @s2ndboys
S 2nd Girls | @s2ndgirls
S 3rd Boys | @s3rdboys
S 3rd Girls | @s3rdgirls
S 4th Boy | @s4thboys
S 4th Girls | @s4thgirls
S 5th Boys | @s5thboys
S 5th Girls | @s5thgirls
DOVE VALLEY CLASS CODES
Infant Toddler | @dvinfant
Preschool | @dvpre
K-2 | @dvk2
3-5 | @dv35
C | Confession: Telling God what you have done wrong and asking Him to forgive you.
T | Thanksgiving: We give God thanks for all He has done for us and for all He has given to us.
S | Supplication: Petition and Intercession. Praying for you and praying for others.
God Made Your Body, Jim Burns
The Purity Code, Jim Burns
Accept Nothing Less, Jim Burns
Teaching your Children Healthy Sexuality, Jim Burns
Raising Boys, David Thomas
Raising Girls, Melissa Trevathan & Sissy Goff
Intentional Parenting, Doug Fields
Spiritual Parenting, Michelle Anthony
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity, Reggie Joiner, Orange
Key to Your Child’s Heart, Gary Smalley
Divine Mentor, Wayne Cordeiro
Raising Boys and Loving It, Gary & Carrie Oliver
Mind in the Making, Ellen Glainsky
One Minute Devotionals for Girls
One Minute Devotionals for Boys
God’s Girl, Hayley DiMarco
Faith Girls, Suzanne Hadley
Raising a Modern Day Knight, Robert Lewis
Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions, George Barna
Shepherding a Child’s Heart, Tedd Tripp
Instructing a Child’s Heart, Tedd and Margy Tripp
Parenting with Scripture, Kara Durbin
The New Dare to Discipline, Dr. James Dobson
Bringing Up Boys, Dr. James Dobson
Bringing Out the Winner in Your Child, John Croyle
For the Family, Sylvia Gunter
Window on the World, Daphne Spraggett with Jill Johnstone
DOWNLOAD OUR SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
we believe in church that is
No matter where you are, there are many ways to worship together. Click a location below to get more information on service times, directions, and contact information for each of our campuses.