WEEK 9 | Hebrews 11
Better // A Study of Hebrews
by Jen Wilkin
IN THIS EPISODE
- Intro/Day 1 – We begin the final section of Hebrews with a call to faith and endurance by encouraging the Hebrew audience with stories of the faithful who have come before and of God who was faithful to them. | 4:58
- Day 2 – Hebrews 11:1-7 – We start off with a definition of faith – the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. | 7:58
- Day 3 – Hebrews 11:8-22 – Four generations of men who built our faith and passed it down to one another and to us. | 24:32
- Day 4 – Hebrews 11:23-31 – We look at the faith of Moses, the Israelites, and Rahab. We discuss reframing what the blessing of the Lord really is in our lives. | 38:33
- Day 5 – Hebrews 11:32-40 – We look at vignettes of faithful people who endure many trials, often don’t see plot resolution and yet acknowledge God’s faithfulness to them in the midst of their circumstances. | 51:00
In Chapter 11, we look at the famous “Hall of Faith” in all of its gritty glory. We see models of faithful yet imperfect men and women taking their next right steps of faith often in trying circumstances; all without seeing the end result and only being able to trust the promise given to them. As New Covenant believers, we get to see the resolution to their faith – we see what was promised – our resurrected Christ. And we get to partake in the better, more complete relationship with Christ. We all as a community (past, present & future) look forward together when we all are made perfect and when creation will be set right when the Lord returns again for the final time.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!