WEEK 5 | HEBREWS 6
Better // A Study of Hebrews
by Jen Wilkin
IN THIS EPISODE
- Intro/Day 1 – Hebrews 6:1-20 – What it does and doesn’t look like to move onto maturity | 4:54
- Day 2 – Hebrews 6:1-3 – Build on the foundation of the basics & be carried forward to maturity by the grace of God | 5:45
- Day 3 – Hebrews 6:4-8 – If you have experienced the gospel message & choose to leave you are crucifying God again to your own loss | 23:12
- Day 4 – Hebrews 6:9-12 – The author commends the Hebrews for acts of faith they have shown | 36:38
- Day 5 – Hebrews 6:13-20 – We can trust the certainty of God’s promise and anchor ourselves there | 49:12
In Week 5, we pick up in the middle of the warning to grow in maturity. The author urges the Hebrews to be carried forward by God to maturity, to bear fruit, and to live out their better salvation because it is Jesus who guarantees the new better oath and covenant rendering the old one obsolete. He ends the passage by reminding them that the way through trouble is not by backtracking but through anchoring more fully in the promise of salvation through Christ.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!