WEEK 4 | HEBREWS 4:14 – 5
Better // A Study of Hebrews
by Jen Wilkin
IN THIS EPISODE
- Intro/Day 1 – Hebrews 4:14-5:14 – Jesus is the better High Priest, and a warning against staying stagnant in faith | 3:12
- Day 2 – Hebrews 4:14-16 – Christ as our sympathetic High Priest | 5:31
- Day 3 – Hebrews 5:1-6 – Contrast of earthly priest versus Christ as our heavenly High Priest | 15:30
- Day 4 – Hebrews 5:7-10 – We learn obedience through suffering | 28:46
- Day 5 – Hebrews 5:11-14 – The Hebrew Christians were tempted to go back to Judaism | 45:30
In Week 4, we continue our rhythm of “Jesus is better” followed by a warning. This week, we examine Jesus as our better High Priest, seated at the right hand of God on high and able to sympathize with our human weakness. We set the stage for our next warning at the end of Chapter 5 – a warning against falling away from the faith – with a contrast between the mature and immature Christian.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!