WEEK 10 | Hebrews 12 & 13
Better // A Study of Hebrews
by Jen Wilkin
IN THIS EPISODE
- Intro/Day 1 – The author has laid out the argument of why we have the better thing, today we look at how the recognition that Jesus is better should spur us on in our daily lives to run the race and offer acceptable worship to God. | 3:59
- Day 2 – Hebrews 12:1-11 – We are encouraged to run the race with endurance so that we can share in his holiness then receive the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Our endurance is by faith, in Christ and powered by Christ. | 5:37
- Day 3 – Hebrews 12:12-29 – We look at endurance with the understanding that the unshakeable kingdom is coming. This allows us to pace ourselves by drawing near to Christ at the throne of grace. | 21:25
- Day 4 – Hebrews 13:1-16 – We look at admonitions and acceptable sacrifices for the kingdom on an everyday practical level. | 33:56
- Day 5 – Hebrews 13:17-25 – We look at how we should treat those in leadership and then final thoughts and remarks from the author. | 43:25
We are in the final chapters of Hebrews where the author is calling these Hebrew Christians to faith and endurance by building on the great cloud of witnesses from Hebrews 11 and reminding them of their God who was faithful to them. In chapter 12, we see the push towards endurance in daily living until the Lord ushers in his completed kingdom someday. In chapter 13, we wrap up with concluding exhortations and remarks for this audience and we hone in on how they apply to us today.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!