ANCHOR + WAVESA PODCAST FOR WOMEN
Self Care – How About Soul Care?
Anchor + Waves Ep. 113
Hosted by Stacy Ludwig w/ Special Guest Brooke Gage
IN THIS EPISODE
- Definition of self-care | 2:20
- Four aspects of self-care | 7:40
- Emotions are telling you something | 20:33
- Be aware of your thoughts | 45:45
- Tools for dealing with hard emotions | 54:54
- The power of community | 1:02:30
- “I’m Diggin’ It” w/ Kelly McSparran | 1:10:15
- Closing + Prayer | 1:17:02
1 | There are four aspects of self-care
Body, mind, emotion, and spirit. We are all of these parts and all of these aspects need care, attention, and tending. | Listen in at 7:40
2 | Be aware of your thoughts
We always have a narrative going in our minds, if we are aware of it or not. These thoughts become the highway of our brains. We can ask ourselves, what am I thinking, what am I believing, what am I wanting? Then ask, are they true? Do I have unrealistic expectations, am I assuming motives, am I seeing false interpretations? | Listen in at 45:45
3 | Tools for dealing with hard emotions or interacting with someone with hard emotions.
- Take the pressure off yourself; you do not need to fix it and you do not need to make it go away for your sake or anyone else.
- You are not in it alone. Jesus is always with you.
- Get calmed down by getting in touch with your senses. Like drinking something really cold, or eating something citrus, or go outside barefoot. Name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can feel, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and one thing you can taste. You can focus on a small detail in nature, or look at pictures of places you enjoy.
Listen in at 54:54
4 | Community is part of self-care
The power of community is how God reveals himself is through other people. He does this through us helping others and others helping us. With balance, managing expectations, and showing up as the real version of yourself, serving others where God has placed you, can be self-care. | Listen in at 1:02:30
We have another information-packed episode for you. Stacy has Biblical Counselor Brooke Gage joining her again, this time to talk about self-talk and how it plays a part in taking your thoughts captive. It is amazing to learn how important it is for our personal health, our relationship with God, and our relationship with others to be aware of what we are telling ourselves. Brooke brings some really practical information to us with tangible action points, so you are going to want to take some notes. The great thing is that you can come back to this and listen again, and pause where you need to when you have carved out the time to sit down and really work on the conversations you didn’t know you were having.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!