UNCHARTEDA PODCAST FOR MEN
Trees in the Forest of Leadership
Ep.2 | Leading Through Recreation
Hosted by Neil Eukel with Special Guest Mike Reagor
IN THIS EPISODE
- Recreation, leadership and scripture | 2:30
- Rest for a whole because we all need R & R | 4:38
- Refresh yourself, but not in lieu of church | 7:59
- Running the race and glorifying God | 10:42
- Don’t run your race in vain | 11:35
- Recreation and Fellowship | 15:30
- A rhythm of rest and recreation for the entire family | 18:01
- We are designed to feel better after exercise and relaxation | 22:55
1 | Recreation and exercise are must-haves to enjoying a happy, healthy life
We all need regular exercise, recreation, rest and relaxation to enjoy a healthy life. God designed us this way, and he commands us to “remember the Sabbath” because he knows it’s essential. Rest isn’t a nice-to-have. It’s a must-have even though we often relegate rest to the bottom of our to-do list. This podcast will give you several ideas for integrating healthy R and R into your life in a way that’ll bless you and your entire family.
2 | Doing hard things helps us trust God in all things
Competing and exercise gives us a great way to practice persevering spiritually. We get the chance to practice depending on God while sweating on the field or on the trail just like we need to depend on God to survive life’s struggles. With each challenge we face, we remind ourselves that our true strength comes from the Lord and that we can depend on him in every circumstance.
Welcome to our second episode in our new series, “Trees in the Forest of Leadership.” Today we have Mike Reagor, a Mission Hills Church elder, avid fly fisherman and mountain biker extraordinaire. Listen in as he dives into the power of rest, recreation and exercise with Neil.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
You can also find us in the following locations, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review!