High School Winter Camp
February 11, 2022 - February 13, 2022
WINTER CAMP 2022
Winter Camp is designed specifically for students to refresh, grow closer to God, bond with their small group, and have lots of fun! Each year students leave with a memorable experience and a deeper faith.
WHEN | February 11 – 13, 2022 (Friday 4 PM – Sunday 2 PM)
WHERE | Crooked Creek Ranch in Fraser, CO
COST | $199 through December 21, $229 after December 21
WHAT TO EXPECT
Please reference the following dates for refund information.
- Cancelations after registration will result in a 10% loss of total payment.
- Cancelations after December 21 will result in an 80% loss of total payment.
- Due to our payment obligations, no refunds will be given within 14 days of camp.
Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you. There are some instances, such as a family tragedy OR quarantine due to COVID-19, that a refund may be possible, but not guaranteed. Please email High School Ministry if you have any questions.
Check In and Pick Up Process
Friday, February 11 at 4:00 PM (Buses leave promptly at 5:00 PM)
Littleton Campus (620 Southpark Drive, Littleton, CO 80120)
Please come into the building with your student(s) to complete the check-in process.
Sunday, February 13 at 2:00 PM (estimated time)
Littleton Campus (620 Southpark Drive, Littleton, CO 80120)
Please be on time. If the buses are running early or late for any reason, we will notify you through our parent texting group on Remind.
– Tennis shoes
– Boots (it can be muddy)
– Winter coat, snow pants, winter hat
– Bedtime clothing
– Warm daytime clothing (pants, shirt, socks)
– Swim towel and shower towel
– Hair products
– Toothbrush and toothpaste
– Feminine products (if applicable)
– Trash bag for dirty clothes
– Reusable water bottle
– Favorite snack while at camp
– Money for camp snacks and souvenirs (optional)
*All medication will be collected during the check-in process on Friday, February 11. Please see our “other info” document for more information.
THESE ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT WINTER CAMP
– Electronics that distract from camp (iPods, portable gaming systems, iPads, computers, etc.)
– Anything you would be sad to lose or have broken (like airpods, etc)
– Bad attitudes
- If a student is caught in the room/dorm of the opposite sex, this will result in immediate expulsion from Winter Camp.
- If a student is found with any illegal drugs (including marijuana), drug paraphernalia, alcohol, tobacco, vaporizers, juuls, weapons, or any other inappropriate material, this will result in immediate expulsion from Winter Camp.
- If a student leaves the campground, this will result in immediate expulsion from Winter Camp.
- We ask that all students respect the adult serve team and staff who are in charge. We have a lot of serve team members who are giving their time and we ask that they be appreciated.
- Fines will be given for any property damage.
- Lights out means all students are in assigned cabins and going to bed.
4:00 PM – Check in begins at Mission Hills in the Lobby
4:50 PM – Load Buses
5:00 PM – Travel to Crooked Creek Ranch
7:30 PM – Unload and find cabins
9:15 PM – Gathering 1
11:00 PM – Family Time
12:00 AM Lights Out
8:30 AM – Breakfast
9:30 AM – Gathering 2
11:00 AM – Family Time
12:00 PM – Lunch
12:45 PM – Free Time (Camp activities & snack shop)
6:00 PM – Dinner
7:00 PM – Gathering 3
9:00 PM – Family Time
10:00 PM – Free Time / Tournaments / snack shop
12:00 AM – Lights Out
8:15 AM – Gathering 4/Morning Snack
9:45 AM – Family Time
10:15 AM – Brunch
11:00 AM – Clean Up
12:00 PM – Load Buses and Leave
2:00 PM – Arrive at Mission Hills
The safety of our students is always our first priority when planning any camp or event. The following steps are just some of the ways we do our best to provide a safe experience for everyone.
• We always maintain a minimum of a 10 to 1 ratio of students to leaders
• Leaders are never permitted to be alone with a student in any situation
• All of our camp group leaders undergo a thorough background and application process
• Certified nurses (for first aid) and lifeguards are present to care for the needs of our group
• Transportation will be provided by a professional bus company with CDL licensed drivers operating charter buses
• Crooked Creek will provide emergency response care if needed
Crooked Creek has fantastic spaces for groups to stay in that are very comfortable! Rooms are set up with bunk beds that range from 12-20 people per room with a minimum of 2 room leaders. Rooms are divided into Wednesday night small groups to promote group bonding and unity. Boys and girls are never permitted to be in each other’s cabins and students may not be in their cabins alone.
Other Helpful Information
• Check-in will take place on February 11 between 4:00 – 4:30 PM. Please do not arrive earlier than 4:00 PM. Buses are scheduled to leave at 5:00 PM. Check-in will take place in the lobby and students will hang out in the Grove until we leave. Please eat before coming or pack a dinner for the bus. Buses should return from camp, on the 13th, at church around 3:00 PM and drop off by the Grove.
• Crooked Creek’s Food Service team is very willing to work with your child’s dietary needs. For example, they have accommodated food for students who are/have gluten-free, dairy-free, egg allergies, and more. Crooked Creek’s kitchen is 100% nut-free. During the registration process, please indicate all dietary needs your student has. If you have any further questions regarding food at camp, please email High School Ministry.
• Medication: If your child will be taking any medication over the weekend, they will need to bring them in the original bottle in a ziploc bag with their name on it for our nurse. You will turn all medication in (even non-prescription medications) to our nurse during check-in and fill out an instruction form. Medications will be distributed during meals and at night. There will be reminders given to students to get their medications and we will do our best to get your student their medication but ultimately it is the responsibility of the student to come to the nurse. Please remember to pick up your medication after camp.
• If you need to get in touch with us during Winter Camp, please contact Dave Eloe (303-525-1004). We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.