Mission Hills Sports & Rec Ministry Wants YOU
Mission Hills Sports & Rec Ministry exists to train disciples for Jesus, transform lives, build relationships, and provide a common ground for men to connect with other men who enjoy sports and outdoor events. As we begin our fourth year, we are making several changes to encourage even more involvement and to generate a focus on mission, and not simply recreation.
New Captains Program
We are looking for godly men to serve as captains in Sports & Rec. You simply need a desire to help disciple other men, and a willingness to attend a two-hour training program.
1. A profession of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior and the ability to articulate your faith
2. A desire to help disciple other men
3. A member or regular attendee of Mission Hills
4. Attendance at a two-hour Captains’ Training – Thursday, August 21 • 7:30 p.m. • Conference Room (Administrative Offices).
5. A willingness to support the Sports & Rec mission and the leaders of Mission Hills Church
6. A knowledge of the sport you wish to captain
7. Self-control and peacekeeping skills in competitive situations
Football Team Draft – New Way Teams Are Formed
While we believe that competition – properly channeled and displayed – is good, we know that winning a church league title has zero significance for eternity. We want to be intentional about building relationships and utilizing Sports & Rec as an entry point for men to become more involved in the ministries of Mission Hills – both inside and outside our doors.
In an effort to encourage new friendships and league parity, we are changing the way teams are formed. You may request to be on a team with up to three other men; we will try to honor those requests, but make no guarantees as we try to balance teams. The other players must also request to play with you. Remaining individuals will be placed on teams by the Sports & Rec management team.
If you are interested in serving as a Team Captain or other leadership position within the Mission Hills Sports & Rec Ministry, please fill out the Volunteer Application by clicking on the button below.Sports & Rec Volunteer Application
Applicants must be 21 years or older.
Registration for the 2014 Flag Football season is officially underway. You may register beginning August 9 and 10 (before and after all weekend services) in the church lobby.
Other Important Dates
• Captains Meeting – Thursday, August 21 • 7:30 p.m.
• Pre-Season Workout and Fellowship – Saturday, August 23 • 8:30 a.m. • Mission Hills Field
Meet at the church field for coffee, donuts, and a time to run routes, pass the ball around, review rules, and meet someone new. LATE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted at this time on a space-available basis.
• Team Placement – Week of August 26 – you will be contacted with your team information and schedule.
• September 6 – first week of games (Saturday morning game times. Games will be held at Ranch View Middle School, 1731 Wildcat Reserve Pkwy, Littleton, CO)
Length of season will be determined by the number of teams and the availability of facilities. We are still trying to find a new location for our games due to concern over the safety of playing on the church field.
The Links Golf Course
Watch for opportunities to play golf on Friday evenings next summer at the The Links Golf Course in Highlands Ranch.
Men’s softball leagues are formed each summer. Watch for opportunities to join a team next summer.
All levels of fitness are welcome. We have a one-hour session with beginners from 7-8:00 p.m. and advanced from 8-9:00 p.m. Please join us for this ongoing, free class on Friday evenings in the Youth Center.
Please contact Rusty Flocken for details at 303-489-5078 • firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a runner? Join a group of individuals who enjoy running with a purpose.
For more information, please contact Todd Nikkel at email@example.com or 303-817-8612.